Are you interested in learning more about your non-surgical uterine fibroid treatment options? The helpful links below provide additional information about these treatments and more.
- Uterine fibroid embolization, or UFE, is an effective non-surgical treatment for uterine fibroids. Learn more about this procedure from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- This fact sheet from RadiologyInfo.org answers many frequently asked questions about UFE and its use.
- Like any medical procedure, UFE comes with its own set of benefits and risks. The Mayo Clinic lists come of the risks of UFE on its website.
- In addition to UFE, there are other minimally invasive treatments available that can alleviate the symptoms of uterine fibroids. Visit WomensHealth.gov to learn more.
- This article from PubMed Health provides more helpful information about the causes, symptoms, and treatments associated with uterine fibroids.
With any further questions, contact the Center for Image Guided Medicine at Emory Adventist Hospital by calling (770) 801-4634.