In our recent blogs, we discussed the uterine fibroid embolization procedure and how it works to alleviate the symptoms of uterine fibroids. If you would like to learn more about uterine fibroids and their treatment, look through these helpful websites:
- Uterine fibroids affect as many as one in every five women living in the United States. Learn more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of uterine fibroids on the MedlinePlus website.
- You can find out more about uterine fibroids by visiting WomensHealth.gov.
- Uterine fibroid embolization, also known as uterine artery embolization, is a minimally invasive treatment for symptomatic fibroids. Read more about this procedure and why it is performed on the Mayo Clinic website.
- This fact sheet from RadiologyInfo.org answers many frequently asked questions about uterine fibroid embolization and its effects.
- When left untreated, symptomatic uterine fibroids can lead to anemia. Learn more about anemia and its symptoms on PubMed Health.
Contact the Center for Image Guided Medicine at Emory Adventist Hospital at (770) 801-4634 to inquire about uterine fibroid treatment options.